A Day In This Life


This morning I had to run errands so I set off in my car (since in Sacramento, one drives everywhere). I guess the alone-ness of my recent move and events that have since descended have taken its toll as this is what happened...
-At the kids store to buy my granddaughter a gift, I went on and on about my grandkids (yes, photos came out), how a Florence Eisemann child’s outfit looked like my college sorority Presents dress, which led to a lengthy discussion about my move from San Francisco, New York, and yes even Lafayette. I don’t why but I just kept talking.
-At the business center where I went to make copies of my resume, I cornered this poor girl behind the counter with the whole saga of my departure from my crazy contract job. I have to admit she was captivated and kept asking, “and then what happened?” so I unabashedly told her. Every detail.
-At grocery store, the checkout guy and I talked at length about our sick pets. I could tell the people in line behind me were not happy. But even they had to admit the part about the intravenous feeding of his cat was scary.
-At the coffee shop, after telling the hip baristas that I am from Berkeley, I proceeded to share my appraisal of the socio economic demographics of Sacramento and what I think the diversity data really means. I believe I left them, with their piercings glistening, standing in a daze.
After three hours, I returned “home” and to my blind, diabetic dog. As he darted outside to FINALLY go the bathroom, he seemed to give me a dirty look as if to say: "Where the hell have you been?"
And then it hit me…I really am alone and, without means to vent, cry, or even find humor in self-deprecating conversation, I am losing it. I am pouring my life out to complete strangers!

One of the following has to happen:
1. Start my blog and get all this stuff out of my head
2. Get out and make new friends
3. Or soon, very soon, you will find me standing by the Watt Avenue freeway exit, holding a publisher’s clearing house sized sign that reads my favorite "Frasier" quote:
“ANYTHING ELSE IN THE BOX PANDORA?” 
All while the passing trucks are screaming “Get the *?#! out of the way, you crazy old lady”.




So, today...I started my blog!!


Comments

Popular Posts