For Mom

Maria (Marie) Theresa Baptista Pereira
May 27, 1929-November 21, 2011


November 21st was the 7th anniversary of my Mother’s passing. I wanted to write a commemorative tribute that was real and loving. Words and thoughts stirred in my heart and in my mind. 

And then I realized that, within the entries of this blog, so much has already been shared. She remains a pivotal, undeniable force in my personal journey. Her story, her impact continues to define. I invite you to click on the following titles and read the entries that capture the complex, vibrant, and unique woman that was my Mother:

"The anniversary of my Mother's passing is the most difficult of November’s barren harshness. It was tough to lose Mom but sadder when the season turns grey and cold. The darkened streets seem lonelier, the barren trees sadder, the rains colder. It scathes the heart with a fierceness and ferocity."
Reflections on the sad loss of family. A process of grieving, acceptance,
and celebration.
This is the story of legacy and  heritage. The family and childhood that made my Mother whom she was.
Ultimately, in my personal journey of acceptance, it also defines whom I am and have become.

Ultimately, at such a time when the images and words come together in loving memorium, perhaps the best tribute is to let the treasured photos of this video commemorate.  Like the words I have written (and, no doubt, will continue to share in future blogs) this montage is a loving homage. The song is "ALL THE WAY" by Frank Sinatra-my Mother's most favorite singer. I think the words and sentiment are perfect as well.

This is for Mom...Always







Comments

Popular Posts